~ Keowee Key® Owner Testimonials ~
The beautiful mountain scene above is just offshore from Keowee Key
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, surrounded by Lake Keowee, Keowee Key is
one of the premier communities in the Southeast. About 1,000 feet above sea level,
Lake Keowee is blessed with a mild climate and long Springs and Falls. With about 2,000 residents,
Keowee Key is a golf, tennis and boating community on 1,600 acres designed
for an active lifestyle, and is a great value for vacation homes and retirement living. Residents have
formed over 100 clubs and activities, with new ones developing all the time. Whatever your interests or
age, you're likely to find a group ready to welcome you.
Keowee Key used to have ambassadors — residents who volunteered to show potential buyers the community and tell them what it is like to live here. The program has been gone for several years, so we asked residents how they feel about living in Keowee Key. We are grateful for their responses and we felt you would be also. They are posted below. If you are a fellow Keowee Key owner and would like to add your own testimonial, please call us at 864.238.3176 or participate in our short on-line survey.
We would also like to hear your suggestions about how we can improve our Keowee Key community page. It is an honor to be a part of this community and to bring you new neighbors.
- “Keowee Key became home to us very quickly after moving from Michigan in 2007. We love living here and haven't regretted it one minute! We researched a lot of places in the southeast. Every time we said, “Let's drive back by Keowee Key.” After a few trips, we said, “That settles that!” The people are very friendly and are willing to help out. You have friends here year-round. There are so many things to do. It is a place where family and friends can come and have fun. We call it Camp Keowee.”
- R.H & A.H.
- “Carol and I have loved and enjoyed our Keowee Key townhome in Safe Harbor for the past 12 years. Parting with it was bitter-sweet but we wanted to buy another property in Keowee Key that would better meet our needs going forward as we transition to full time residency. We love the area so much that we have decided to retire here. We love and enjoy the friendly people, the amenities and activities at Keowee Key. I'm a forester and we appreciate nature and all the opportunities for outdoor recreation we have. Being close to the pristine, mountainous Highlands and Cashiers, NC area is icing on the cake. It is wonderful to have those high elevations such a short drive away. We particularly like going to The Orchard Restaurant for lunch or dinner. Doug and Carol helped us locate a home that was everything we wanted. They took care of everything and made the whole process easy for us. They worked diligently to protect us in every phase of the transaction. We have worked with a lot of pretentious real estate agents over the years so we really enjoyed that Doug and Carol are real people and nature enthusiasts as are we. They even helped us connect with more Keowee Key folks. Doug & Carol asked us to join them at a KK housewarming party for Joe and Marcy Palmer - more client-friends of theirs. Joe is their dentist so it was good getting to know him. Marcy is an interior designer so their newly-remodeled waterfront home was beautiful. Joe is an avid scuba diver in Lakes Jocassee and Keowee so they love nature in this beautiful area, too.
- “We were so pleased with their service that we asked them to list our Safe Harbor townhome. Their photos and marketing were exceptional. They had our townhome under contract just two days after listing it! The Lord sent us a good buyer, who we are certain will be a wonderful owner/resident and contributing member of the Safe Harbor community. By working both sides of this sale, Doug and Carol proved that they are equally good at working with buyers and sellers. We highly recommend them!”
- Charles L. VanOver, ACF, CF, SAF
Director of Real Estate Transactions
Forest Investment Associates
- “We moved to Keowee Key from Illinois and Indiana in 2004. People are so caring here
and it's so easy to join in such a friendly, welcoming community.
Its beautiful on the outside and the inside. The Keowee Cares program is marvelous and adds to the
well-being of the area. Our grandkids love the pools and the leisure trail. Most of all, they enjoy the
safe neighborhood, friendly neighbors and caring attitude.”
- Jean Williams
- “I have lived in Keowee Key for a year now and love it! It is a perfect fit. It is truly a casual country club community with fun people. We recently attended the 2019 Super Bowl event at Keowee Key with Doug and Carol and some of the other owners I have met. It was a fun event enjoyed by all! I highly recommend Keowee Key and Doug and Carol. They are just down-to-earth folks with a lot of local knowledge. Carol is helping me to get involved in some of the area ladies' groups. It is easy to make new friends here. The overall friendliness of Keowee Key, including the staff and workers, is wonderful. The diversity of the Keowee Key population is amazing; there are families here from all over the country in all age groups. SC taxes are a relief!
- “My daughter, who is a Coast Guard veteran as Doug is, contacted him on my behalf to help me find a home in Keowee Key. By an amazing coincidence, they were both stationed at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington at the same time in the 1980s. Within 3 days, we traveled to SC and met Doug to see the community. After carefully listening to my needs, Doug took us to a few townhomes; we quickly found one that was a perfect fit.
- “I want to thank Doug for a very smooth and trouble-free purchase. He was always on top of everything - getting all the required contracts done, making sure our inspections were scheduled and completed, and following up to make sure that the repairs I wanted were completed in a timely manner. I was confident having him be my boots on the ground for all this.”
- “After much research I found Keowee Key to have what I needed for my lifestyle and peace of mind. In 2012 I moved here from Alabama. Being a avid golfer I am familiar with what makes a good golf course and the KK course is a one. The fitness center is well equipped and keeps me in shape to make the most of the active tennis here. My children and grandchildren like to visit. They have fun hanging out at the marina and riding jet skis on this 18,500 acres lake of clear emerald waters.”
On this site are a few of our Featured Listings that will give you insight into, not only the homes, but also this beautiful area. You will find extensive videos, visual tours, maps, photos and links that we hope you will enjoy and know you will find informative.
“If 591 Tall Ship does not sell,
it is not due to a lack of detail given to what's for sale.
Thanks for the effort you both put into the
presentation.” -- Larry Greer, owner
SOLD: Sunrise Pointe Townhome
Premier Townhome Location in Keowee Key only a few steps from the pool & deep water slip.
A Heavenly vantage point to watch the beauty of nature. Every window has a Keowee view.
Enjoy Pristine landscaping that you don't have to maintain! 591 Tall Ship, Salem, SC.
Testimonial After Sale
“I've lived here in the Lake Keowee area for
12 years and it has been one of the greatest experiences of my life… We tried a couple of REALTORS without
success… They all protest to be the best, but we didn't have many showings…I was never satified with the
material… Having been in sales and marketing all my life, I was amazed that Doug and Carol Patterson were light
years ahead of most REALTORS in our area on how to present a property… Doug is an expert with web sites
and a camera…” See the video for the rest of the story. [UPDATE: Larry missed KK and his friends. To quote Larry, “I'm back!” We found him a home and enjoy seeing him at The Club again.]
Call Doug Patterson at 864.238.3176 for a free marketing analysis.
NOTE: Who lives in Keowee Key? Keowee Key is a unique community with many very kind, unpretentious and talented individuals,
such as Larry who is now a renowned author. He is a true southern gentleman and has been a pleasure to do business with.
One of his many accomplishments is that he has raised $63M through the BI-LO Charity Golf Classic. In 2000, Larry's service
as the Board Chairman of the Greenville Health System Board of Trustees led to the creation of the Larry M. Greer Stellar
Service Award. The award is given to the one GHS employee they believe has best demonstrated outstanding stellar service over
the past 12 months. In KK, there are over 100 activity groups. Many of these groups enjoy teaching from gifted individuals in
the community such as musicians, artists, fishermen, etc.
- “Keowee Key is a civilized wilderness. Living here and hiking the Appalachians is my inspiration to be the writer I am. One of my favorite works is, “The Ghost of Keowee.” The history of this area is rich. I still hike the Appalachian Trail and share my experiences in my books. My Hummer can go to Cashiers and Highlands and The Blue Ridge Parkway on auto pilot.”
- UPDATE: “OK, I missed Keowee Key and I'm baaack! Missed my friends, my KK Club and my golf. There is no one else I would ask to help me find a home here but Doug and Carol. They did, they made a quick work of it, and I'm back! I want to share this with you as well: I recommended them to some dear friends of mine, Lynn and Terry, who had a KK waterfront home that also had no success selling. The Pattersons applied their exceptional marketing talents, as they did with mine. Their home sold within a few days. The Pattersons are known to be very selective about the listings they take. Lynn and Terry listened to their suggestions (as did I) and it was a WIN-WIN. They really went the extra mile with them by suggesting major changes that were needed to make the home more sell-able. This could have caused them to lose a possible listing but my friends heeded their advice and are thankful for it. Those changes helped it sell quickly and for FULL PRICE! They are sincere and know their business. Again, I turned to them for a friend who needed to market her beautiful home in Greenville. They recommended a Realtor, who is very refined lady, that made the perfect combination for my friend. Her marketing was excellent. Doug & Carol carefully examined her marketing talents and they knew she could make it happen. It too was a quick sale. I would highly recommend, if you are thinking of selling your home, to ask the Pattersons to help you find a highly-qualified agent in your area. These Patterson folks are good to know and a pleasure to deal with. They are no-nonsense, transparent professionals who also enjoy being owners in Keowee Key: the BEST OF THE BEST.”
- Larry Greer
Past Chairman, Greenville Health System Board of Directors
On MLS 5 Days • Two Offers • Sold at Full Price of $775,000
“I so appreciate professionals that strive for excellence. You and Doug fit my criteria. Thank you for all of your efforts, advice and oversight. You guys are amazing.” — Lynn & Terry
SOLD! Featured Listing: Rare Views
Keowee Key's pristine home at 34 Quartermaster Drive has wall-to-wall windows for enjoying sunset lake views from the main & terrace levels. Large, deep-water dock with swimming platform enables you to make the most of lake living. 4BR/3BA, 3 car garage. Sold at full price of $775,000. KK owners say, “This is a Little Piece of Heaven!”
- “My wife and I moved here from nearby Greenville, SC in 1996. We live in a Tall Ship condo and are very active in
the Homeowners Association. We enjoy the KK amenities including the new facilities and hobby opportunities.
The caring residents are like family. Keowee Key is in a great location. Our children and grandchildren
visit us often because of the fun they have here in KK and on this great Lake Keowee.” Barry was
the 2015 President of the Tall Ship Condominiums
Board of Directors. Their web site has extensive information about Tall Ship Condominiums.
- Barry & Sylvia Stuart
- “The start of a journey begins with a dream. A home on a golf course, beautiful, natural surroundings, safe community, active lifestyle, and nice neighbors were some of the dreams I had when I started my journey looking for my new home and community. Carol and Doug Patterson helped me find all those dreams — and so much more — here in Keowee Key. This was a big move for me and they helped me get through it all! They were not only fun to work with but serious professionals as well and I always felt they always kept my best interests in mind. As owners in Keowee Key they really know the community and express their heart for it.
- “From the start, I found Keowee Key to be very welcoming. Even before I bought my home, I felt a connection here. This is a funny story but clearly underscores one of the reasons I moved here; Carol was showing me homes and we stopped at the KK pro shop. She stayed in the car to check on another possible home to see. She didn't notice, but as I was walking up to the pro shop, a lady in a cart stopped to talk to me! I told her I was thinking of buying here and loved golf. One thing led to another and next thing, we were riding off in her golf cart to catch a glimpse of the course. Well, it all happened so fast I forgot to tell Carol! Ooops! She just thought I was still in the pro shop until she saw me riding up in the cart! We still laugh about that.
- “The Pattersons were so kind and helpful to get me connected into the surrounding community, too. I enjoy meeting them, and some of their other clients, at Jazz on the Alley in Seneca and at one of the waterfront Chamber events where we went boating. They continue to invite me to other local events and make sure I'm “in the know” about things that I like to do. My life here is wonderful. I enjoy walking my dog, Gunnar, and have found many new friends. I play a little golf, participate in a community committee, and joined the Newcomers group. The natural setting is beautiful and so are the folks that live here. This journey has ended and I'm living my dream. Many heartfelt thanks to Doug and Carol!”
Keowee Key, Salem, SC
- “For several years, we had heard about Keowee Key. I heard, “Keowee Key is a little piece of heaven” when we first bought here. Now, after living here for a few months, I can tell you first-hand that my husband and I believe it is true! It is no wonder; the people are so friendly and happy. What else could we be — living in this beautiful area? We are hikers and kayakers. I'm enjoying golf again, water aerobics and am having fun learning Pickleball. There are great activities with fun people; I've made so many new friends. The Club and Between Rounds Cafe have great food. The Pattersons have shared their “secret places” — Lake Keowee and the waterfalls are gorgeous. Carol always said, “Highlands and Cashiers are another world” and truly they are -- just 40 minutes from Keowee Key; white faced mountains, stunning vistas and high elevations. We've found more than REALTORS - we have founds friends in Doug & Carol.
“My husband and I have transferred numerous times and we have had many wonderful realtors. But honestly, Carol and Doug Patterson stand out from the crowd (we refer to them as Wonder Woman and Superman)!!! Their professionalism, dedication and determination to go the extra mile are exemplary! We had decided to build, and because of their motto (“We will tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly.”) we actually found our perfect lot on our first day there! Carol was a real trooperï¿½she would even forge ahead through the woods to help us determine the lay of the land. AND, not only did she and Doug ensure our purchase was seamless, they also took us on amazing tours of the area and provided so much information that we already feel at home there. From the moment we met Carol and Doug, it was so obvious that they love what they do! In a nutshell, isn't that what it's all about?”
- Ron & Kay
- “We have lived in Keowee Key since 2002 and we will never leave! There is so much to do here
with all the amenities like golf, the fitness center and more. When they rebuilt all the greens on the course, they
even provided transportation to other courses in the area! It feels like living in the country, but there are plenty
of activities for people to enjoy. We're having nine guests for Thanksgiving! We will always keep this house as a
- Bob & Lori
- “Hello, I'm Marcy Palmer. My husband Joe and I live in Greenville, SC and have been very familiar with Lake Keowee and have boated there for a long time. We did not have to be in Keowee Key, just on Keowee, but we just found that this beautiful community met our needs. We have had a lake house before but never on Keowee. This has been a dream for our large family that, with Doug and Carol's help, has become a reality. They are realtors Extraordinaire! Carol says they will tell you the, “good, bad and the ugly” and I can tell you, that is true. They are investment focused Buyer's Agents. We had a lot of moving parts that had to fit: big family, deep water dock, great view and an open floor plan at a reasonable price. I am an Interior Designer so my goal was an open floor plan and big gathering spaces for family. Joe, too, wanted a low maintenance home and a place where the kids and grandchildren would want to visit and play. We did not want to be in a small cove but wanted a place that the grand kids could be safe swimming. Being Clemson fans, we wanted to have lots of space for parties! Joe is a Golfer and has played Keowee Key in the past: great course! He is also a diver and has been diving in the clear waters of Jocassee and Keowee for years. We all like to water ski. He has known Doug and Carol "intimately" for years: he is their dentist so he is part of their team! We met past clients of theirs and they too enjoy an ongoing relationship with them as we do. They are serious players but also fun to be around. The Pattersons were patient and did a great job helping us find a great fit for our family.”
- Marcy Palmer, Palmer Interiors and Dr. Joe Palmer, Palmer Distinctive Dentistry (holistic dentist)
- “We moved to Keowee Key in 2011 from Maine. It also had wonderful weather but only for
the, “one month of summer.” Truly Maine has stunning beauty, as we experience here, but we can enjoy
it here year-round with 4 mild seasons — and it is not buggy here. This is the land of waterfalls and hiking.
We stay young in body and mind by absorbing the inspiring freshness of nature on the trails. It is no wonder
National Geographic named this area 9th out of the 50 world's last great places!
We enjoy our children coming here by joining in on their vacation fun boating on Lake Keowee and just hanging out
at the pool; this is also a big part is our pursuit of happiness. Living somewhere they consider special too
adds to our quality time with them. It's all about making family memories. We enjoy the people here who also
call KK home. Meeting them at the Club for fine dining or just lunch at the grill is always fun. We never get
bored with all our friends at the activities.”
- M.M. & D.M.
- “Anne and I looked at many different lakes in the SE US for 2½
years before deciding on Keowee Key. Keowee Key is a nice, stable community, with plenty to do, and
friendly people from all over the country to meet and develop friendships with.
Proximity to mountains, waterfalls, and Lake Jocassee is also a plus. You will not find a more honest,
hard-working realtor team than Carol & Doug Patterson.
I just don't know where to begin. We spent two days with the Pattersons looking at homes primarily in Keowee Key.
We then left and went back to Midland, TX. They handled every detail from the offer, sales contract, inspections,
repair requests, post repair inspection, final walk through, and closing. They went back to the home many times
to take additional pictures, videos, and get answers to questions we still had about the house. We even assigned
Doug power of attorney and they made the drive to Greenville to act as our agents at closing. They continue to
stop by the house and check on things since we have not moved there yet. We continue to stay in touch with Doug
and Carol and look forward to spending time with them in the future. Not only are they great REALTORS®,
but we feel that we have made some lasting friends in the process. We feel truly blessed to have chosen the
Pattersons as REALTORS® for our home purchase in Keowee Key.”
(Read about all the lakes the Robertsons researched before they bought their waterfront home in Keowee Key.)
- Lake Martin, ALPretty lake but lowers more than 10' in the winter. Year round water is
expensive and many hazards if you wanted to boat during the off season.
- Lewis Smith Lake, ALPretty lake, reasonable home prices, but somewhat rural feeling
to it. Nearest big town is Birmingham which is not the greatest but good medical.
- Lake Jackson, GARiver lake, nasty water. Good proximity to Atlanta though.
- Lake Lanier, GAPretty lake, water levels can fluctuate, though. Proximity to Atlanta
can make it very crowded on weekends. Seemed like practically a suburb of Atlanta. Army Corps of Engineers
lake so they pretty much control what you can or cannot do with the shoreline up to the Corps line.
- Lake Hartwell, GA/SCBig lake just south of Keowee. Water can fluctuate quite a bit
(it was 15' down when we visited, but full now). Housing prices much more reasonable than Keowee. Water
not near as pretty as Keowee. Intimidating size and Army Corps lake again which effects what you can do
- Lake Greenwood, SCNice lake, communities, and reasonable home prices. Water not very
nice. Rural area.
- Lake Keowee, SCBeautiful lake, convenient to Greenville, Charlotte, Atlanta, and
the coast. Good lake water levels and year round boating.
- Bruce Robertson (Acct Manager, Retired)
and Anne Robertson, Midland, TX
- “We relocated to Keowee Key in 2003 from Michigan. There is so much to do here.
We enjoy the bridge club, golf, nature area, Lake Keowee,
Pickleball, many club events, group events and golf leagues. When our kids and grandkids come they really
enjoy the lake and pools.”
- “We are a young family that lives in Atlanta. One of our dreams has been to have a lake getaway in an area that was close enough for a weekend away. After looking at different lakes and talking to other residents, we knew Lake Keowee was the best! After looking at multiple areas around KK, we decided that the amenities at KK are a perfect fit for all of us. We enjoy everything Keowee Key has to offer, including the golf, tennis, pools, and casual country club atmosphere. As new boaters, Brad and I love raising our children on this pristine lake. Doug and Carol Patterson, who are also owners in Keowee Key, have been exceptional Realtors and helped us in many ways with the whole process. We can tell you first-hand that you have to be good with people, knowledgeable and forthright! There were some potential mold issues and they went above and beyond about making sure we were protected. They got 3 opinions and worked with the POA to see that the drainage issues were corrected so our family would be safe. The home has a beautiful golf course view but they kept saying, “Let's make sure this is right and if not, we will find another home that is.” They have been so nice to us. Doug has even inspected a boat for us to help us find the right one. We count them as friends and you will too if you decide to have them on your team as we have. We know we can rely on them in the future.”
- Amanda and Brad
- “Mike and I moved here from Florida in 2008. Even after these many years we still find Lake
Keowee just as beautiful as when we moved here. The lake is our main amenity. Our boat is in one of the
community slips. It is a great value at $700 at year. We built our home on an interior lot with a lovely
lake view. Keowee Key is a neighborhood of friends.”
- Kathy and Mike
- “Carol and Doug, Thank you for helping us locate and purchase our home on Lake Keowee. We are looking forward to enjoying the lake with our family. Our new home is located within Keowee Key, a gated community that has a variety of recreational activities as well as a club and golf course that our family will enjoy for many years to come. The natural setting and deep/clean water provide a beautiful location and we plan to retire there in the future.”
- Julie and Meredith
- “We've call this home since 1994 and we will always call this home. The support you get here
from our fellow residents makes it family. We are on a tennis team and celebrating at the Club is often the best
part. The ambiance and food is always wonderful. The service is the best, southern style. Just outside the gate is
a full-time fire department with an ISO rating of 5. They have first responders for medical emergencies and we are
only 15 minutes from Seneca's Hospital. Seneca has Jazz on the Alley Thursday nights from Spring to Fall on Historic
Ram Cat Alley.”
- “I moved to Keowee Key in 2002. Tennis is a passion of mine and I can make the most of it
at the KK Fitness Center. We have the #1 tennis pro in the state of SC and he is full time! I'm now 4.0 and
combo 7.5. You stay young at here with the great friends and encouraging staff. Life is good. Living with peace
of mind in this peaceful mountain lake resort is a given. Part of that peace of mind is that this community is
fiscally sound. What a well planned community: the POA has dues coming in from condos, single family homes and town
- “Many lake community property owners who want to do more than just play in an 18,500 acre
emerald lake find Keowee Key enhances their lifestyle experience. Doug and I are avid boaters and the lake is
our main amenity. We also enjoy Keowee Key's casual country club atmosphere with its 5 star dining, award-winning
golf, fitness center and pools. Our Mini Aussie, Sadie Rose, enjoys the KK dog park and taking us for a sunset
stroll on the lakeside leisure trail. We find the fees to be very nominal, especially considering that there is no
club initiation fee. For years, we have enjoyed the unpretentious folks who live here. As Coast Guard Auxiliary
members, we particularly enjoy the KK Boating Day. Doug and I both man the tables with other Auxiliary members,
answer boating questions from the residents and sign some of them up for boating safety classes we hold at the fire
station at Keowee Key. We are also members of the Keowee Key Boating Association (along with 90 other fine folks)
and have fun at their Beach Ups on the protected islands and at other gatherings at the Club.”
- Carol & Doug Patterson
Keowee Lake Team
KK Specialists (bio)
- “We moved here in 2010 from NY. Our time at Keowee Key has been very special. This
is a great lake and we have had the privilege of living on a peninsula in the Spinnaker Cove section of Keowee Key.
We have a stunning sunset and mountain view over the lake with our boat just steps away. Pat and I enjoy this
close-knit section of KK and find the neighbors like to help out and the block parties are great! The development
has a wonderful Club with a renowned chef, fitness center, great security, meticulous landscaping. Keowee Cares
has been appreciated by all.”
- Bob and Pat
- “We are extremely pleased to have had Carol and Doug Patterson as our buying agents to relocate on Lake Keowee. Doug and Carol were very patient with us while trying to find that perfect place for our retirement. It took about two years from contacting them to settlement. They were excellent at determining our needs and wants and then narrowing the search specifications that fit our criteria. With their experience in the Lake Keowee area, we heard frankly about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Early in our journey nothing was working for us but Doug and Carol gave us options that included buying an amenity lot in Keowee Key (which we did). We just love our new house and thoroughly enjoy the new friends we are making in Keowee Key and the surrounding area. We highly recommend Doug and Carol for anyone looking to settle into this area.”
- John & Denise Aylor
- “After living in Keowee Key since 2011 after moving from Charlotte, we know it
is a great value here. We get it all. We use a lot if the awesome amenities and belong to several clubs.
The people are great here.”
- “Since moving here in 1990, we still find that it's the people and amenities in Keowee Key that
keep people young. If you have a hobby, you'll find it here. We're like family. There is so much to do! Our
children love visiting here; there is so much for them to do, also. It's a beautiful life here on
- “This is a great place! It has been wonderful getting to know the people. We really
enjoy the club and having security is a plus. We moved here from New Jersey in 2004.”
- “We have resided in Keowee Key for over 20 years. It is a community of friends with a heart.
We are looking forward to enjoying the rest of lives here. It is a place of peace and beauty. Seneca is a
small town on the lake with wonderful restaurants and all the shopping venues you would ever need.”
- N.M. & S.J.
- “Las Vegas, where I moved from, is like living on the moon compared to the stunning beauty here.
Their fake rushing waterfalls are depressing compared to our 411' Whitewater Falls only a 30 minute drive
from my Keowee Key home. My dog and I are a familiar sight on the mountain trails. We are both into fitness.
Of course I take advantage of the KK Fitness Center to stay ready for the trails to the waterfalls. They get
their extra workout on our 2½ mile long level trail by Keowee. We can even enjoy it at night with the
lights. We always enjoy new friends. Come visit soon.”
- “When asked about why we chose Keowee Key in 2002, we have to say the lake! No doubt, we use
and enjoy the amenities; they were a big draw as well. Everything is quality and the yearly dues are reasonable.
You sure get what you pay for here; it is a well-oiled machine that is fiscally sound. We moved here from nearby
Cashiers, NC, 3,400' elevation: truly an amazing part of the Blue Ridge mountains. “Visiting” there
is great with only a 40 minute drive but by living here we still have the 4 seasons without the severe ice and snow.
Bottom line: their 1,500 acre mountain lake does not compare to our 18,500 acre clear lake Keowee filled with mountain
waters from the Cashiers area. Another plus the residents will tell you is that their children and grandchildren,
as ours, really enjoy their visit with all the great fishing, water sports, tennis.”
- M. & B. Smith
- “Keowee Key is a great place to make the most of life. I moved here in 2004 and have never regretted it.
KK is a 24 hour gated community with endless things to do. I have found that this tranquil mountain lake atmosphere
attracts like individuals. We are family, all 2,000 of us. Folks are happy and enjoying life here and it
shows. The Club at Keowee Key has exceptional fine dining with a sports bar gathering place and a grill room for
a casual lunch stop from golfing. When you visit ask any of us, I'm sure you will find we will all say this is
a little piece of Heaven.”
- Pat M.
- “I've worked for GE for a long time, so I'm from everywhere! When asked what have I enjoyed most
about the Keowee Key community since moving here in 1990, the answer was easy: the people. Of course the amenities
and the ambiance of the mountain lake are what keep us young physically and mentally. The activities are endless
from hiking clubs to bridge and fishing clubs. I you have a hobby you'll find it here. There is so much to do. Our
grandchildren love all the activities here and I enjoying the beauty of the area with them. We at Keowee Key are like
family and it is a beautiful life here. Thank you KK management and security staff for helping to give us that
- “The Keowee Key folks are great! We are finding a lot of baby boomers from all over who
enjoy their 2nd homes are now retiring here. There are only 3 golf communities on the lake. Ours was established
in 1972 and has the lowest fees. Keowee Key has world-class amenities and we take full advantage of them.
I moved here from Michigan in 1995 and can tell you it's the best. I have chosen a place in this country
where my children love vacationing. Of course, that makes me happy, too. I enjoy life here; who wouldn't?
It is truly a little piece of Heaven.”
- “One of the best kept secrets for waterfront communities in the country is Keowee Key!
It is a high-end lake with clear mountain waters and is great for recreational boating. This mountain lake is
18,500 acres and easy to navigate. Neighboring Lake Jocassee has 27 waterfalls that can be seen from the boat!
Both have great fishing and swimming. When my kids visit they enjoy boating and golfing with me. A lot of
activities here makes it easy to meet folks. Walking the lakeside leisure trail helps keep me in shape
mentally and physically. I moved here from NY in 2012 and am enjoy my life here. I'm sure you would too.”
- Scott H.
- “We moved here from Florida in 2007. What a great life-changing decision. The Keowee Key
fitness center has everything we need. KK has great pools and visiting children really enjoy them with us.
The pool at the new marina is wonderful. The landscaping and the roads are all kept up so well. It is a
pleasure to live here. Having a full-time fire station just outside the gate and great security adds
to our peace of mind. The HOA folks are very friendly and helpful. This community really has it together.”
- “Alabama was my home. Now is called home is Lake Keowee and thee mountains that surround
Keowee Key. What a beautiful place to just relax down at the dock, you know, just hang out. I'm into jet skiing.
I've lived here since 2010 and use the amenities including the fitness center, tennis and golf — 18-hole
championship course, practice range & putting green, full-time pro help make it a pleasure to play. There
are a lot of teams to hook up with. You can be just as active as you want with 2,000 residents living here.”
We're looking forward to adding more testimonials to help us share the love and beauty of this community
and area! Please call us at 864.238.3176 or use our survey.